Saturday 23 June 2012

How To Repair Daewoo Dqd-6108 Dvd With Disc Tray Shaking Problem

This DVD player belongs to me and the challenge was the tray should jerk when you try to insert or eject the disc and it cannot play the disc as well. I personally do not repair DVD and I'm more on Computer Monitor repair. By the method there is no harm trying since it has already broken down. If I cannot repair it then I just get an special one since the cost had gone below so cheap. Recently I saw an advertisement selling an special DVD for fewer than USD25.



00-unbelievable yet it was true. The cost regarding the branded one also had gone below too. This is not a good news for electronic repairers as many clients shall buy an special set if the DVD is located faulty. Those days I do repair computer power supply but now I had stopped repairing it due to the fact that an special normal ATX power supply in my region cost about USD10. 00! Sometimes the cost regarding the spare components is even more expensive than an special power supply.



Since the DVD cost is so cost effective surely there should be no or very fewer clients shall ever send a DVD player for repair. Even if they send to you for repair, how many are you going to charge them? Whether you charge them too high, they shall opt to buy an special one. Whether you charge them too little and this should not justify the time you provide on troubleshooting the DVD. The clients should only send for repair if those days when they first bought the DVD for thousands of dollars. Should be only the authorize service center is still repairing the below warranty DVD for the manufacturers.



Even though I do not repair DVD, I still have the interest to discover out how they work. It's my passion to have knowledge of how electronic circuitry works and I'm not trying to be Jack of all trade and masters of none. Do not get me wrong here, knowing something extra in something you like or like should only sum more knowledge to you. Consequently I'm only repairing computer monitors, I do buy books like VCR repair, DVD, CAMCORDER, TV, Compact disc player, microwave oven, printers, audio machinery and etc. Okay return to my faulty DVD player, I suspected was the DVD mechanism due to the fact that the disc tray shakes.



Upon dismantling component regarding the DVD mechanism, I located one regarding the pinion gear bottom teeth had broken into pieces. This pinion gear is a bit soft compares to other gears. Due to broken teeth regarding the pinion gear the disc tray had challenge moving in and out and causing the tray to jerk. Getting spare component was not difficult as I went to my friend's TV repair workshop and he gave one to me for replacement that is howcome you own to be friend with other fellow electronic repairers. Subsequent to everything was installed do not forget I dismantled component regarding the DVD mechanism the player worked perfectly fine! If I not ever try to repair it I would not have knowledge of was the pinion gear problem.



This is regarded an special knowledge to me and should be someday someone or your friend's complaint to you that their DVD or VCD tray's jerk, I guess you knows where to confirm it. Assuming the challenge was within the mainboard then I should use the assistant of a schematic diagram to help me to troubleshoot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment